Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Monster Drawings {Learning Body Parts}



One of the activities that I do with my students when they learn body parts are monster drawings.  I randomly give them about ten to fifteen body parts that they have learned.  The best way to do this is to have little slips of paper that have a body part written on them. They then pick ten of those slips of paper without looking at what is written on them. The students' job is to use only the body parts he or she selected and create some kind of creature with them.  They have to use all the body parts on the slips of paper.  So if they happen to get two papers with "los ojos" on them then they have to have four eyes on their monster.  Normally, I don't put the word "body" on any of the slips of paper as I want the students to be creative in coming up with a unique body based on another part.



After my students draw their monsters they then need to label the body parts in Spanish.  Finally they need to create a name for their creature, tell me where it lives and what it eats.

I have used this activity for years, and for the most part the students love it!  It is a great way for them to be creative while still working with the language.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this idea! I had wanted to switch up the monster idea somehow, and this kept it fresh!

    ReplyDelete